Thursday, September 7, 2017

My Greatest Fear.

We live in an age of fear. If you turn the news on for any length of time, you'd have to agree with me. There's so much bad things in this world. I could be a worrier if I let myself. I could worry about things that might not ever happen. I could fill this post with all the things that I fear, but I'm not going that route.
There's so much evil in this world. With rumors of wars, violence, terrorism, deadly storms, and I could go on, but you get the point. I don't want any of these things to happen in my life but they are not my greatest fear.

My greatest fear is raising my precious Children for the Lord, and one of them rejecting God. Maybe they live a long wasted life and at the end death or the rapture of the church happens and they never got saved. I fear being eternally separated from my children. Hell is fearful and I don't want any of my children going there. Some of my children are saved, and what a burden lifted when they got saved. I was so joyful because God had answered my prayers and saved them.
I have a hope, that as long as they have breath, there's still hope. God can still save. There's no one so low that He can't reach down and save. So, if you have Children that aren't saved, don't lose hope. God could be working on them, and you not even know it. My children are young, maybe yours are older and they seem hard toward the Gospel, and won't even listen to you anymore, don't ever give up. Maybe it's not even your children, it could be a parent , sibling, or someone else you care about, just keep on praying, God still answers prayer.

So, whatever your fear is today, let's give it to God. Why worry about something that we have no control over? It's so easy to worry and doubt. I think the devil likes to plant seeds of fear in our lives. He does a very good job. So when you start to be fearful remember these Bible verses,. Let the Word of God calm you soul.

Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

1 John 4:18 - "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

Psalms 34:4 - "I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Proverbs 29:25 - "The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.'

Philippians 4:6 - "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Romans 8:15 - "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

Psalm 56:3, 4
"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me."

Romans 8:38, 39
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment