Sunday, September 17, 2017

Guest Post-

I think it's important to share how God has worked in other people's lives. Testimonies, not only bring glory to God, but they help others. So, I'm going to be featuring a few people and sharing their testimony.

The first person is my sister, Jenny. God has truly done a work in her heart and life. And here's her story.


Growing up, I didn't really go to church. A local Baptist Church picked my friends up, but I wasn't allowed to go. 

Most of my childhood I felt alone. I searched for something to fill the emptiness I felt. I thought other people could fill that emptiness. Because of that I had tons of boyfriends. That only made matters worst for me.

 As a teenager, I became a mom. I was still lost and unable to give hope to my child . It wasn't until my oldest was around 2 that I started going to church, 

I repeated a prayer from a preacher to get saved. But I walked in lost and walked out just as lost. I knew nothing had changed and I was the same. 

I have no idea why God didn't save me then. I had no peace for a year. The first thought that came to my mind each morning was, 'if I die today I will go to hell.' I tried pushing that thought from my mind, but it never eased up. 

The last thought on my mind before bed was the same, 'if I died tonight I would wake up in hell.'  Those thoughts wouldn't go away, and I didn't have any peace for a year. 

On May 9, 2002, I went to hear my favorite preacher, Phil Kidd preach.  He was preaching about going to hell. I knew this was my chance to make it right with God. So that night I walked down the aisle toward the preacher and told him I was lost. I asked God to save me that night, and He did. The thoughts of going to hell were finally gone. I finally had peace. I knew Heaven was one day going to be my home. 

Thank God! 




No comments:

Post a Comment