Thursday, August 24, 2017

Joys of Motherhood

Psalm 113:9
"He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD."

Motherhood is filled with many joyful times. There's nothing like being a mommy. Mother's hearts are full of love, compassion, and laughter. 

I have five children, one girl and four boys. My oldest turned 7 this month. The boys are 5, 3, 2 and 7 weeks old. 



Sometimes, life is crazy. But it's the life God has given me and I wouldn't trade it for another. 

Laughter is definitely needed to diffuse a tense situation. 

Here are somethings about my day that you probably can relate to, or either laugh about. 

I am homeschooling a second grader, first grader and a child in K4. 
It never fails, when I'm in the middle of a lesson, my 2 year old has to go potty. If I don't take him, he will run around naked. My baby will start crying because I put him down, and my once focused children will be running around the house, because mommy left the room. This is an example of the joy of homeschooling. 

My younger children think that art should not be contained to paper. My walls are decorated with crayons and markers. This is the joy of creativity. 

Like I said, I have four boys. If you come visit my house, and you need to use the bathroom , and you happen to see water on the floor, it's probably not water, so try not to step in it. This is the joy of boys. On a side note, it doesn't matter if I just cleaned the bathroom either. 


My two year old is aspiring to be a gastroenterologist. He thinks it's fun examining his poop and wiping it wherever he can until mommy finds out. This is the joy of exploration. 


My children are all about showing off their muscles. They each tell me daily all the things they can pick up. To name a few, Daddy, Mommy, our house, the whole world and the list goes on. This is the joy of raising super heroes. 


A house full of screaming, wrestling, tickling, running around, and just being crazy. This is the joy of play time with Daddy. 


Hugs, kisses, endless 'I love you,' notes, smiles, sweet baby slobber, good helpers, cuddles, and so much more is the joy of a mother's heart. 








No comments:

Post a Comment