Thursday, August 24, 2017

God's protection

We had just got in our van to go to church. We noticed the dark clouds and decided to drive through town instead of going the hwy. We live about thirty minutes from church.

As we drove into town, we noticed how backed up traffic was. We thought it was just because the roads were really getting flooded. It looked like a river.
As we got further up the road we saw a car stuck in the flooded road. At that time, I received an alarm on my phone about a flash flood.
I was getting nervous. The more we drove the more flooded the roads seemed. We passed a few vehicles stuck in flooded roads. We saw a van drive through a very flooded parking lot only to get stuck.
It was lightning really bad, and I was thinking we should have stayed home.
I knew with more storms approaching and night coming, it would be harder getting home. We finally made it to church. The road that the church was on was also getting flooded.
We decided that we had better go home or risk getting stuck in the flooded roads. We dropped something off at church and turned around to go home.
My husband decided to go the hwy this time, since the roads in town were pretty bad. I was still kind of nervous. The lightning was bad and at times it was raining so hard we couldn't see the roads. It was already dark, so I was praying none of the roads ahead were flooded.

God protected us and safely brought us home. I was so thankful to see our house. And that my family was safe.

There are many instances in life where we face a storm, maybe it's not really a storm but a trial that life brings. God will always be everything we need when we are in a  trial, storm, or whatever life may bring.  Just look to Him, because He's always faithful.



1 comment:

  1. I do believe God gives us trails,and when you get to the other side of the storm you can rejoice im our Father.

    ReplyDelete