Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Feminism and womanhood.

This past year there has been a very distinct group of individuals who make up , what I'd call the feminist movement. They loudly proclaim women's rights, (or they want you to believe that anyways.) women's choices, (at the expense of the innocent lives it kills.) and liberation from men and children. They believe women and men are equal. And not only that, they think women don't even need men. They try to reverse the role of a woman.  They are filled with anger and hatred. These feminist are not happy at all.
I would like every feminist to clearly hear my message. I am a woman, I embrace feminism, (but the word means something totally different for me.)  but I have nothing in common with them.
I embrace my God given role. God has distinctly set women apart. He has a special purpose for women. He made women to be help meets.
I don't want to climb the corporate ladder of the business world. I am completely satisfied being a help meet to my husband and a mommy to my children. I am fulfilling my God given role, and it is enough for me. I don't have to scream angrily about equal rights or whatever else because, I'm at home being who God wants me to be.
I'm not saying it's wrong for women to work outside of the home, but it is wrong when women forsake the role God has for them and try to take on the role of a man. I have no desire at all to be a man.
I think women back in the day, had it right. They were graceful women who enhanced the lives of their families. It wasn't all about them. We've raised a generation of selfish feminist who care more about themselves than they do anyone else. And the abortion rates prove my point. These feminist are all about choice. A baby is an inconvenience. It is their body and they should chose what happens to their body right? Forget about the rights of the little life that can't speak for itself. That life doesn't matter because it hinders their agenda.
These feminist are vulgar and know nothing about being a woman. They'd like my view of womanhood to go instinct. Maybe I'm old fashion and I haven't gotten a hold of this progressive feministic thinking, but God did not make a mistake when He made two distinct genders. God's plan is always better. Our homes today are in trouble because our society thinks God's ways are old and outdated.
Where does God fit in this anyways? When a person or group of people are all about women this or women that then where's God in that? The devil has blinded the eyes of so many people. It's not about us, it's about Him, and if the devil can get our focus off of what's really important than he's won.
I have one daughter, and I am going to teach her that God designed women to be different than men. Does that mean that her only purpose in life is to be a wife and mother?  Even though that's a big purpose, the answer is 'no'. I want her to be whatever God wants her to be. Right now, she wants to be a missionary, Sunday School teacher, pianist, violinist, wife and a  mommy. I will stand by her and support her in whatever direction she goes. But what's important is that she carries herself as a lady full of grace and modesty. It's important that she knows a woman isn't supposed to be walked on, or treated less of a person, a woman that loves God is of great value, and should be treated as such.
Proverbs 31:10, 30
" Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.” Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.” 
Titus 2:3-5
" The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” 

1 comment:

  1. A good read, so true women used to put the family first. But now it's all about me me. You will never be truly happy with our our God.

    ReplyDelete